Welcome to the Reel Review. I have created this blog because I tend to disagree with all of the movie reviews I read in the paper. I can no longer stand by while the movies I love get slammed and the worst of them all get 5 stars. It has got to the point where I choose the movies I see based on how little stars they get in the paper. Half a star has become a must see for me. 5 stars – I don’t even bother. Please feel free to agree or disagree with my reviews because that’s what it’s all about. I hope you enjoy the REEL REVIEW!!

Monday, September 13, 2010

DATE NIGHT

Starring: Steve Carrell, Tina Fey, Common, Mark Wahlberg, Leighton Meester, Mila Kunis and James Franco



The movie is about Claire and Phil Foster (Tina Fey and Steve Carrell), a married couple who's marriage turned has into more of a routine than marriage bliss. When discovering that their friends were splitting for that very reason, the couple hit an exclusive Manhattan restaurant in an effort to inject some much needed excitement back into their lives. A case of mistaken identity turns their night upside down and gives them more excitement than they could have ever imagined.


When watching the trailer for this movie, i thought it had potential. Steve Carrell and Tina Fey are both really funny so the thought of them teaming up encouraged me to see the flick. How wrong i was. Besides the odd laugh here and there, and the cameos from Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and James Franco, this movie was very disappointing. It dragged on to the point where i was looking at my watch waiting for it to end. Id definitely give this one a miss if i were you but feel free to disagree.



1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, I was also lured into a false sense of Fey-Carrellity.

    ReplyDelete