Welcome to the Reel Review. I have created this blog because I tend to disagree with all of the movie reviews I read in the paper. I can no longer stand by while the movies I love get slammed and the worst of them all get 5 stars. It has got to the point where I choose the movies I see based on how little stars they get in the paper. Half a star has become a must see for me. 5 stars – I don’t even bother. Please feel free to agree or disagree with my reviews because that’s what it’s all about. I hope you enjoy the REEL REVIEW!!

Monday, October 4, 2010

GET HIM TO THE GREEK

Starring: Jonah Hill, Russell Brand, P Diddy

 

Aaron Greenberg (Jonah Hill) is an ambitious 23-year old working at a record label on the verge of going under. In an attempt to save the label, Greenberg suggests a reunion show featuring "infant sorrow", a once hugely popular rock band. He is also given the job of escorting the band's lead singer, Aldous Snow (Russell Brand), from London to the show in L.A. This job is bound to have its problems as snow is a crazy womanizer and addicted to every substance known to man.


I found this movie very disappointing. I had heard mixed things from a lot of people so had to check it out for myself. Although the characters were taken from a movie i did enjoy (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), this flick rarely made me laugh and i found myself checking my watch, waiting for the end. Never a good sign. That being said, Hill and Brand did work well together and did produce some funny stuff, but most of the gags and humour seemed a bit forced. It is the "try-hard" of movies; and no one likes a try-hard.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, this movie has the potential to be awesome... and I mean Shoot fighter awesome.

    But instead it blew... and I mean gay sex blew.

    ReplyDelete